23.10.09

New things

Obviously the time that effective and exciting blogging requires has not been given to me these past weeks..
I've been doing a lot of different things, getting used to the Emily Carr setting being one of them. I love Granville Island. Apart from the high prices, I haven't even minded the trek to and from transit. We'll see if that changes with the weather...


Relevant to my older work, I've returned to some landscape themes:



Untitled I, ink and acrylic on Yupo paper (2009)



Untitled II, ink on Yupo paper (2009)

In Handscape, I returned not only to my interest in the notion of landscapes, but also of the body and experimentation with line. This piece is the first plateau in a series of ongoing studies in these areas.



Handscape, charcoal on paper (2009)



Handscape detail

Study for Handscape


Where is my love?, ink on paper (2008)
This drawing was a tribute to a lost glove and a secondary source for Handscape.


Tracing studies for Handscape

Continuing with my exploration of line, a series of charcoal and graphite drawings emerged, exploiting the tendency for heavy weight papers to carry impressions.


Giraffe I, graphite on paper (2009)

Giraffe I detail

No comments:

Post a Comment